FAITH CHRISTIAN CHURCH, including any related bodies corporate, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This statement deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information security issues.
The expression “personal information” is used in the policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonable be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information the FAITH CHRISTIAN CHURCH collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organization. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Join Faith Christian Church as a partner
- Register for seminars, camps and other church-run activities
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletters
- Register at Faith Christian Church’s website
- Request personalised counselling advice
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to Faith Christian Church, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection. If you choose not to provide personal information, Faith Christian Church may not be able to provide you with the product/services you require.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage all designated offerings
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Faith Christian Church to provide you with better service
- Conduct market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of Faith Christian Church partners
- Provide information to ensure the compliance with Faith Christian Church Constitution (in the case of partners)
- Provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future church or ministry events
- Use photographs and names in church advertising brochures
When we disclose your personal information
For the purpose set out above, Faith Christian Church may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which Faith! Christian Church discloses information may include:
- External service providers to whom Faith Christian Church has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, campsite proprietors but only for the purpose of providing the service Faith Christian Church has contracted out
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- Faith Christian Church’s professional advisers including insurance brokers and legal representatives
- Faith Christian Church related organisations
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact the church office.
Faith Christian Church takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
Faith Christian Church will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Faith Christian Church processes tithes, donations and other payments using EFTPOS and ONLINE facilities. All transactions processed by Faith Christian Church meet industry security standards to ensure donors details and payments are protected. For further information about our security procedures and payment processes contact the church office.
Faith Christian Church’s personnel are trained to treat partner and other individual’s information with the utmost confidentiality.
Access/Correction of your personal information
Individuals will be able to access and/or correct their personal information by contacting the church office.
Upon request Faith Christian Church may provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. Faith Christian Church reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to information.
If you would like access and/or require correction of your personal information, please make your request in writing for security reasons.